Hey friends! Today I want to take some time to get to know each other. I figured I’d tell you a little more about me because I want you to feel like you know me somewhat personally and can trust what I have to say! And I would also LOVE to get to know you so that I can learn how to best serve you by bringing you content that benefits you. At the bottom of this page, please leave a comment introducing yourself! Include your name, where you’re from, a few fun facts about yourself, what you’d like to see more of on the blog… whatever! A big element of blogging and social media that I find to be important and incredibly fulfilling is the community it provides.
Below you’ll find some random facts about me that you may or may not know. Some are funky, some are more serious or what you could call “boring”. Because let’s be honest, getting to know someone means seeing and accepting the good, the bad, and the boring!
This is Me…
- As a lot of you know, staying mindful in life is something I really value. Wherever I am, being all there. Present, engaged, and connected. It’s not easy but it’s so important! You can check out some of my blog posts on this topic here.
- My parents separated when I was really little, so essentially my entire childhood was just me, my mom, and my little sister Layne. I have so many memories of our special trio. When I was 11, both of my parents got remarried and I suddenly had 4 parents.
- I work full-time as a Marketing Coordinator for a small company Downtown Seattle.
- I’m currently living with my mom and stepdad in Federal Way, Washington… about 30 minutes south of Seattle. I’m living with them to save money on rent so I can pay off my student loans. Planning to move early 2019!
- I went to Chapman University in Southern California for college, where I earned a Bachelor’s degree in Strategic and Corporate Communication and a minor in dance. I graduated May of 2017. Some of my best friends still live down there and I hate being away from them! Just booked a trip to visit in March and I can’t wait!
- Fashion wasn’t really an interest of mine until late high school/college. Nowadays I find it so fun – there’s just something about putting an outfit together that makes you feel good.
- I was raised in a Christian home and it is still a big part of who I am… I think it’s important to have some sort of belief in something that’s bigger than yourself, no matter what that may look like.
- Prague, Czech Republic, is my favorite city on earth. I studied abroad there spring semester of my junior year at Chapman.
- I had pretty bad acne throughout my first couple years of college. So bad to the point that I wouldn’t even go to the caf or the pool without putting on foundation… it was miserable! I tried a few different remedies, nothing too serious, and eventually it cleared. Still not perfect but it’s definitely A LOT better than it was! My sister has a lot of knowledge about skin care… stay tuned because she may or may not be doing a guest blog post soon. 😉
- One of my best qualities: I put a lot of effort into my relationships and am a pretty thoughtful friend.
- One of my worst qualities: I can be a bit bossy around the people that are closest to me. Not in a mean way, just in like an outgoing personality type way if that makes sense. I’m working on it haha.
- Dance was a huge part of my life throughout middle school and high school. I trained at a local studio and was on my school’s dance team. We were hip hop state champions all 4 years… this is something I’m really proud of even though it was in high school haha!
- Dog person all the way. My family has two! Wiley, a 14 yr. old Yellow Lab and Kelo, an 8 yr. old Bichon Shih Tzu.
- I’m a huge believer in balance. Eating healthy and exercising regularly are both priorities of mine, but I think it’s good to avoid being all or nothing. Eating some junk food now and then or skipping a workout won’t kill ya.
- My boyfriend and I have been together for just over 7 years, with one break up in the beginning of college that lasted a little over a year. After getting back together we dated long-distance for two and a half years before I moved back up here.
- I cry sooo easily. Happy and sad tears!
- My favorite TV show of all time is Game of Thrones. Not only is the plot insane but it is just so incredibly well made. Every single episode is like a movie!
Now I Wanna Get to Know You…
Scroll to the bottom of this page and leave a comment below! If we already know each other, I would still love for you to comment just letting me know what you think of the blog! Finding out who follows along always makes me smile. If we haven’t met, tell me a little bit about yourself. 🙂
Thanks for reading!